Thursday, December 28, 2006


New Year's navel gazing

During this time of year when it is cold and the night is longer is a fitting time for oneself to look inward and reflect on where one has been and wants to go. Life will not slow down and if you don't take time regularly to reflect and realign your direction, it is guaranteed to pass you by.

A lot of people don't believe in new years resolutions but I've always done it. So, this year, instead of the normal 'nourish my body with whole foods', 'exercise 4x per week', 'read a book a month', I'm going big. Well, for friends of mine like N & M, this might not be, but for me, a Prada, LV and Nike junkie, this will be interesting: I'm joining the bandwagon of people that for one year are not buying anything new (with the exception of items related to health & safety, such as car repairs, basic make-up, and underwear). Pants will be hemmed, shoes resoled, DVD's rented and items bought from Craigslist. The goal is not necessarily to just save money which I'm sure we will as a side effect but it is two fold: bring fewer new items into our home and allow myself the freedom of turning away from ads and commercials and know that they don't have power over me. So, it will be an adventure - which is also my second resolution.

May 2007 be a year that carries the wisdom to lead you on a path of peace, good health and a new adventure.

Love,
Kelli

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Crabtree said...

I am SOOO impressed! I have read articles about that, I think it's great!

I was just at Target today and I felt sick. Just so much STUFF everywhere, stupid cheap, ugly thermometers attached to a slab of metal with holly on it? How many of those ugly gifts will end up in a landfill? Yuck.

I look forward to learning what the experience is like!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home