Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Engagement anniversary

It's a strange thing to celebrate but it was 9 years ago on Thanksgiving eve that my now husband proposed to me. Me, this girl that was confident, happy to be single, loving life and enjoying whatever experiences came my way. Earlier that month, I had an epiphany and decided that I didn't need a label to define the relationship. My feelings were secure and I gave to him with wanting nothing more than his respect for me. I told him throughout that I appreciated his time and if he should decide to take a different path in life than one that involved me, I would respect his life journey. I still feel the same way and I still thank him for sharing his life with me. The more I seem to surrender to the present, the more strength and love I receive in return.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beautiful, Kelli. I will always love you.

Love,
Paul

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home