Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Drink Up!

After our move and finally being able to take a shower I mistakenly drank some water and before I could gag it out, realized that I actually tasted something other than chlorine - it actually tasted good! I enjoy writing about restaurants, food, etc. but what about plain old tap water? Most of Ridgefield is on well water unless you live in the 'downtown' like we do then we're on city water. New York City, like Rome is among the few cities in the world where the city water is actually very good and by filtering, you're losing good flavor. I did a bit of research and found that there are signficant aquifers in Ridgefield and it is shared with (i.e. sold to) New York City.

Now that we live here, I wonder how much money we'll save from not having to buy bottled water or Brita filters. Sadly, I am also trying to remember how long it has been since I stopped drinking tap water and why I thought that was acceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home