Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Got good news?

Today is not only the day after Labor Day and the unofficial end of summer but a day where I felt like anything that I've allowed to fall through the cracks has reared its ugly head and slapped me in the face. Add to this news out of New Orleans, an uncle with mere days left to his life and I'm in need of something positive. Dogs in cars usually works well but today I am looking for something more. I need a true life story about a reunited family (including pets), a politician being honest, or a baby being born. Got good news? Bring it on!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that this is an impressive site. Perhaps you're interested in some free ipods?

Or maybe a Bulldog in a car?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Actually 'winning' ipods is nice and Betty is fun too but this is what I'm looking for: Real people making a difference in the best way they know how architects and landscape designers are starting to gather together to come up with a real urban plan to give a new life to those in NO that had little and now have nothing. Can you imagine? Instead of going back to having little, giving people a new chance in life. A reset button...that is beautiful. Hope helped me turn a corner out of my grumpy mood. A picture of Betty helps too. :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Nice! This is great news to wake up to, Kurt. Thanks.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Just incredible, isn't it? Human spirit is stronger than we realize. Thanks for sharing your 'sisters' story.

I was listening to NPR and there was a guy who prayed to God (I'm not getting all religious here - it is just part of the story) before the storm that if he survived, he would devote himself to helping others. Sure enough, he survived and he is standing by his word and devoting himself to finding survivors, helping people through the water, getting people food and water... whatever people need. He refuses money and on air was offered money for helping someone. He said "No man, I don't need money, what am I going to do with money - money isn't going to get me anything that I need right now". Priorities have shifted in a not so subtle way for a lot of people.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home