Sunday, September 04, 2005

Yearn like a teenager in love

As my sunburned husband is in the kitchen making me a mojito, we're listening to Interpol and I can't help but think that Turn on The Bright Lights is the best album released in the last 10 years. It is this incredible sound that makes me feel completely yearning for something yet full of emotion. We started listening to them in 2002 after we moved to Chicago and saw them live there in early 2003 they were a bit too tight but I'm hoping the more they tour, the more loose and comfortable with the audience they will become. I suppose it is an organic process for musicians to learn how to play live. If you're a pot head, you should love this music and if you're like me, a sucker for music that moves you, you'll love it. It moves me in a way that is similiar to jazz or for some people, the opera. You just have to listen to it and you're there with the band on a nasty old couch drinking cheap liquor and under dark lights. If you're from New York, NYC will touch you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home