Tuesday, October 11, 2005

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anna Wintour, Vogue's Editor in Chief, deservedly got hit in the face with a tofu pie while leaving one of this weeks Paris fashion show. The reason being that PETA offered to pay full value to place an add in an upcoming issue and she rejected, instead, accepted blood money from furriers. Now, don't get me wrong, I eat fish, eggs and meat because I cannot get my protein sources from vegetables. So, I don't want to be the pot calling the kettle black but I cannot condone wearing fur, where the animal is bred and slaughtered for the purpose of fashion. That is straight up bullshit. If you think the animals are gently put to sleep and they are gently and lovingly skinned, you're completely living in lala land. In many cases, the animals - foxes, rabbit, mink, sheep, are pulled from cages and skinned alive and thrown in a pile with their entire nervous system exposed from their nose to their feet. They can breathe (barely) and see everything that is happening. It is one of the most violent and disgusting acts of human nature and if I had not see it with my own eyes, I never would have believed it. The point is, we have to take responsibility for those that cannot defend themselves. Give up fur. Nothing is more beautiful than someone with an opinion on something that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home