Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cats & the damn cradle



Ah, the guilt that parents can put on their children. Once again, I questioned my stress - the headache I have had for a week and worsened with each call from my sister. She needs my support to help a parent yet the parent refuses to help themself. Child as a crutch. 4000 miles away, my manager suffers because my mind is not focused on the present and I have made mistakes. It is time to put my foot down and, more literally, the phone down, and reject taking these calls on a daily basis. People are people and the attachment and expectation that everything will be better tomorrow without doing anything to do something positive and forward thinking today, is crazy. Life does not work that way and without taking these steps forward, life will pass one by and a person is left with should haves. I need my life back and it is frustrating that one persons choices, can negatively effect a whole group of people - it reverberates outward. So, here I am recommitting myself to a healthier, simpler lifestyle. I'm sure my friends will be relieved.

My friend A and I grovel together for bitch sessions about our parents and ultimately, probably exhaust each other to a point that we break each other out of the funk. We go to our homes, light an incense and regain a sense of having our own lives to enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home