Thursday, November 10, 2005

You're a turkey butt!

So, this is the first year ever, I'm going to attempt to make a turkey. Do I dare deep fry it? If you've ever had deep fried turkey, you know how incredibly good it is. I never knew turkey could taste good! It has always been what I consider a piece of protein, with little else. But oooohhh, deep fry that bird and you'll go back for seconds and thirds. So, my question is, can I use an oil other than peanut oil to fry her? I'm allergic to nuts, soy, etc. so I would like to use corn oil if possible but I have a feeling there's something to do with the smoking point that only peanut oil works. hmmm...I could take a benedryl and just go for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

OK then, lets use the peanut oil. I'll see if I can get the turkey ordered and find a fryer.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home