Friday, February 24, 2006

G, that's not so nice

After living in a g-string world for the past 10+ years I've finally had it. These are a fad that women must give up. Are they functional and appropriate? Sometimes. But for the most part, these strings have got to stop dominating the lingerie drawer. Stripper style has dominated our society and I've reached my breaking point. Do you recall a couple years back when Abercrombie and Fitch attempted to sell g-strings to the pre-teen crowd? Parents are outraged enough that they pull them off the shelves although they were probably worn by the Moms. On Tuesday night, my co-worker was out on a match.com date with a 50 year young woman that was reasonably attractive and wearing hip huggers. They enjoyed dinner and drinks and when she stood up, her g-string was exposed over the top of her jeans. No second date there. I told this to my husband and his face cringed like he had just sucked a raw lemon - heebe jeebies indeed.

I remember walking the streets in Rome seeing women with beautiful clothes and some had panty lines. I was talking with a Roman woman about the panty lines and she suprisingly looked at me and asked "why would I want to look like we're not wearing underwear when it is so beautiful?" Yes, indeed.

So, ladies, save them for the gym and the occassional sheer outfit that undies just won't do. Put those g-strings in the back of your closet with your legwarmers and acid washed jeans. It's time to rediscover full on lingerie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Please, don't misunderstand me. I am in no way suggesting that women start wearing cotton full cut 'briefs'... quite the contrary I think that there are a lot of other options that are a bit more, how do I say...'creative'.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home