Saturday, April 08, 2006

My husband is awesome. I was a big pain yesterday with pain from my surgery and he didn't say a word - he just handed me a percucet (sp?). hahaha In all fairness, he has been waiting on me hand and foot, doing laundry, while dealing with the bizarros in his 'Office Space' job. No kidding, watch the movie and you'll get a good idea of why he's banging his head against the wall. So, last night, I was grumpy and uncomfortable and he gives me one pill, noting that I need to start phasing off of them. I've been taking them with a pain killer and something else that helps me sleep so I haven't noticed the effect of each individual pill. I can now see how people get hooked on these things. It was like a calorie free cocktail with a splash of energy thrown in. I made dinner, folded the laundry and cleaned the kitchen all while smiling and laughing. This is amazing compared to what I have been able to do for the past 6 days - the majority of which I don't remember. Anyhow, as fun as that was, I have just a few left on my prescription and then its back to reality. On a similiar note, I have to go back to the doctor in 6 weeks for a follow up visit and he also said no exercise for 3 weeks. Does that include lower body exercises such as a brisk walk? I figure no impact is a given but I was too drugged up to get the full understanding.

This sounds weird but I come from a very thin family. At 5'8" and 140lbs, I'm the shortest and heaviest of my siblings. I know that I have been sabotaging myself by gaining weight and trying to make my body 'invisible'. Now that I'm back to my natural 'God given' state, I want to eat healthier and exercise and just be at my natural weight. I know I'll never be 125 again (weight at 21) and I don't want that, I do however, want to know that I can climb Mt. Si in Washington with my sister or go mountain biking and not lose my breath after 15 minutes. I want to cherish my body the way it deserves to be. Cheers. Have a lovely and healthy weekend. k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home