Thursday, April 06, 2006

So, my mom finally called. She didn't say anything about the surgery but wanted to just ask how I was feeling. Nothing about it - at all. I get the sense that she's dissappointed. I've done something that is a 'diss' to her. I really don't know what to think. She's my mom, damn it. Wouldn't she be glad that I've done something positive for myself? I keep hoping she will feel that way but that would mean that she would have to admit that my having surgery 10 plus years ago was a mistake.

Anyhow, I got off the phone and my sister called - she's been calling a couple times a day to check in. I told her mom called and she said that she had to forcefully tell my mom to call me. Mom's are supposed to be the adult and wise. My mom just seems to be in denial about her entire life. I love her dearly but she just won't admit that she's made mistakes (she's human) and will make mistakes. It's OK. I just don't know how to relate to her at this point in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home